A.C.T.O.R. is looking for European volunteers for a 4 month EVS project in Bucharest, the capital of Romania – from Austria, Estonia, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
The name of this EVS project is Vitamin Theatre 18 and within its frame we are implementing a project for a period of 4 months.
The EVS stage starts: 01 september 2019 and ends in december
If you are interested for being a volunteer in the field of performing arts for art-education and clinic animation, this is your dream project!
Objectives of Vitamin T:
– Create awareness of the importance of cultural diversity.
– Developing artistic skills (origami, theatre, crafts etc) to create social artistic events for youth in different communities.
– Build cooperation between the stakeholders of the educational environment through non formal and art methods.
– Cultivate the importance of performing arts in art-education and art-therapy in different communities.
– Promoting an active participation and volunteering attitude, the cultural diversity and the UE values to young generations of the hosting and sending communities.
We are looking for volunteers from 18-30 years old who is flexible, spontaneous and creative, who has:
– motivation to live and work in a big and challenging European Capital;
– motivation to work with youngsters and children in hospitals and social centres (also disadvantaged ones)
– motivation to work with children in schools (primary schools and kindergartens);
– interest in any form of art (cuisine, music, dance, theatre, art, art & crafts, etc…);
– interest in psycho-pedagogy and childhood education;
– flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm.
The activities the volunteer will do are:
- Attending to trainings (On Arrival Training and Mid Term by National Agency and basic trainings in ACTOR about socio-cultural animation – ex. psycho-pedagogy trainings, clinical animation, movie making/visibility, balloon modelling, origami, puppet/ shadow theatre, face painting etc…);
- Designing and leading non-formal activities (in the field of art for education) for children in schools (primary level) and kindergartens;
- Designing and leading clinical animation sessions for children & youngsters in hospitals & social centers in Bucharest and rural areas;
- Promoting volunteering through non-formal activities and Forum Theatre sessions with youngsters;
- Organising the Christmas Fundraiser for children & youngsters who are in hospitals & social centers;
- Designing and performing artistic social events for disadvantaged children in different communities of Romania.
- Running the visibility of the project (writing articles, managing the blog and the Facebook page of the project);
- Creating a toolkit about artistic practices and non-formal activities for children.
After we process your application, we will invite you for a Skype interview to give you more details about the project and get to know you better!
Some results of our last Vitamin T projects
a. Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/VitaminT17/
b. VT17 magazine magazine_VT17_English Version
c. YouTube content: