A.C.T.O.R. is looking for 20 European volunteers for an 8 month European Solidarity Corps project in Bucharest, the capital of Romania – all candidates from European Union countries are eligible for this ESC opportunity.
The name of this ESC project is SOLID A.I.R. – United, Active, Involved, Responsible
The ESC stage duration: 01.09.2020 – 30.04.2021 NEW DATES! – due to the current circumstances, the project has the possibility to have flexible dates and start with online activities!
If you are interested for being a volunteer in the field of social responsibility, art-education and clinic animation, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
SOLID A.I.R. goals for the volunteers:
1. to become able to engage in social causes managed through A.C.T.O.R.’s current programs (Cultural Diversity program in schools, Clinical Animation program in pediatric hospitals and social centers & fundraising campaigns), experimenting and leading different types of coordinated professional activities to help them develop themselves on a socio-civic, professional and personal level.
2. actively define or develop their own professional direction they want to follow through voluntary involvement, being eventually prepared to adapt to the labor market.
3. to develop their competences and a greater understanding of the EU values by sharing their cultural identity and reaching the awareness of the existence of different social challenges, creating strategic actions for children, disadvantaged youth and educational stakeholders.
SOLID A.I.R. activities:
• training period: Romanian language course and basic training in ACTOR about socio-cultural animation and theater – ex. psycho-pedagogy training, clinical animation, movie making/visibility, balloon modelling, origami, puppet/ shadow theater, face painting, Forum Theater etc.)
• designing and leading individual intercultural workshops (in the field of non-formal education) for children in schools (primary level) and kindergartens;
• designing and leading clinical animation sessions for children & youngsters in hospitals & social centres in Bucharest and rural areas;
• promoting volunteering through non-formal activities and Forum Theatre sessions with youngsters;
• designing and implementing Fundraisers for children & youngsters in disadvantaged communities of Romania; organizing the Christmas Fundraiser for children in hospitals and social centers (toy collection).
• designing and performing artistic social events for disadvantaged children in different communities of Romania.
• running the visibility of the project (writing articles, managing the Facebook page of the project).
• creating a fundraiser strategy to implement in their own community as a follow up action of the project.
The profile of the perfect volunteer (18-30 yrs old):
– motivation to live and work in a big and challenging European Capital;
– motivation to work with youngsters and children in hospitals and social centres (also disadvantaged ones)
– motivation to work with children in schools (primary schools and kindergartens);
– interest in any form of art (cuisine, music, dance, theatre, art, art & crafts, etc…);
– interest in social marketing, fundraisers, psycho-pedagogy and childhood education;
– flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm.
AVAILABLE TO WORK ONLINE! – COVID 19 solidarity strategy ( a part of the project can be done online)
Read welcome-info-ACTOR to find out about our vision and programs (and Bucharest).
If you are interested, please apply through the following steps:
- Complete this Google Application Form: https://forms.gle/UiBACYfAzURaTbko9
- Send your CV and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the title: “SOLID A.I.R. – (NAME) – (COUNTRY)”.
- after we receive your application and if you are an eligible candidate, we will invite you for a Skype interview.