A.C.T.O.R. is looking for 5 European volunteers for a 6 month EVS project in Bucharest, the capital of Romania – coming from Austria, Estonia, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
Application deadline 20 NOVEMBER 2018
The name of this EVS project is Vitamin Theater 18
The EVS stage duration: 01.03.2019 – 27.08.2019
Goal of VT18 – Involving 5 EU volunteers to develop cooperation between different stakeholders involved in education to promote the arts, especially the performing arts in education and in therapy to all partners’ local communities working with and for disadvantaged kids in Bucharest, promoting an active participation and volunteering attitude, the cultural diversity and the UE values to young generations of the hosting and sending communities.
We are looking for an 18-30 years old volunteer who has:
– motivation to live and work in a big European Capital (Bucharest)
– motivation to work with youngsters and children in hospitals and social centers (also disadvantage ones)
– motivation to work with children in schools (primary schools and kindergartens)
– basic knowledge of English
– interest in any form of art (cuisine, music, dance, theater, art, art & crafts, etc…)
– interest in psycho-pedagogy and childhood education
The activities the volunteer will do are:
- Attending to trainings (On Arrival Training and Mid Term by National Agency and basic trainings in ACTOR about socio-cultural animator, ex. Balloon modelling, origami, puppet/ shadow theater, etc…);
- Designing and leading non-formal activities (in the field of art for education) for children, teachers and parents in schools (primary schools and kindergartens);
- Designing and leading clinical animation sessions for children & youngsters in hospitals & social centers;
- Promoting volunteering through non-formal activities and Forum Theatre sessions with youngsters;
- Organizing the Easter Campaign Fundraiser for children & youngsters who are in hospitals & social centers;
- Designing and performing artistic social events for disadvantaged children in different communities of Romania.
- Running the visibility of the project (writing articles, managing the blog and the Facebook page of the project);
- Creating a toolkit about artistic practices and non-formal activities for children.
Read volunteering-infopack-VT18 to understand what the volunteers receive in Erasmus+ projects like this.
Sources of our last Vitamin T projects
a. Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/VitaminT17/
b. VT17 magazine magazine_VT17_English Version
c. YouTube content: